Looking to improve your triceps? Well, there is certainly a range of tricep workouts for women, however, it’s difficult to know which of them are effective.
But no need to worry as I have carefully crafted this post with all the exercise and diet plans that you can follow to have the triceps of your dreams. Here are some of the best diets that you can follow.
Before getting into all the details here are some tips to follow.
Don’t start with too heavy and go for slow and controlled reps. This will be more beneficial for your triceps.
- Eat healthy carbs like fruits and oats before and after your workout.
- Select and fix your diet. Start tracking your macros, it’s more important than you think.
- Consider stocking up on muscle building stacks. They’ll help you reach your goals faster. Creatine, for example, has been scientifically proven to help with building muscle.
- Lastly remember, you won’t get massive in a week, give it time. Additionally take sufficient rest as your body needs to recover after a heavy workout.
Best Tricep Workouts For Women
I have created a list of tricep workouts that are super effective and produced some of the amazing results for my clients. Follow the instructions of each one carefully to get the best result.
1. Triceps Push-Ups
Tricep push-ups are quite similar to normal push-ups but super effective for your triceps, core, quads, hamstrings, biceps, shoulders, and back. Follow the instructions below to do it perfectly.
How To Do Triceps Push-Ups
- Lie down on your stomach and lift your body by supporting it with your toes and palms.
- Keep your palms closer than the normal shoulder-width distance.
- Lower yourself until your chest touches the floor. Inhale as you do so.
- Pause for a moment and raise your body back to the starting position.
- Bend the arms as much as you can. Lower your chest toward the ground while keeping the shoulders in line with the elbows throughout.
- Pace your hands on a higher surface or lower the knees on the ground to modify.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps.
Tip: The thumbs should be in line with the nipples in every push-up variation.
Note: Press up with the shoulder blades away from the ears at the end of the dip. Do not force yourself down to a 90-degree angle in the dip.
2. Triceps Dips
Triceps dips work great on your triceps, biceps, shoulders, back, glutes, and hamstrings. This is one of the effective triceps workouts that can produce great results if you do it regularly.
How To Do Triceps Dips
- Stand in front of a bench. Lower your body. Hold the bench by placing your hands behind.
- Ensure your fists are facing forward, and the legs are extended. Support your body with your heels. Keep your abs engaged.
- Slowly lower your body, back straight, until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly rise to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 6 reps.
Note: Do not force yourself down to a 90-degree angle in the dip.
3. Lying Overhead Triceps Extension
Lying Overhead Triceps Extension is yet another effective exercise that specifically targets your triceps. Do it regularly for the best results.
How To Do Lying Overhead Triceps Extension
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet planted on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms reaching toward the ceiling at shoulder height.
- Slowly bend at the elbows to bring the weights to your temples; pause, then, slowly bring the weights back overhead. That’s one rep.
- Do 9 to 10 reps.
4. Triceps Side Push-Ups
Triceps side push-ups help to tone your triceps and the back and shoulder muscles. They are quite similar to push-ups but targets specifically to your triceps. The best part is you will not need any weights to do this exercise.
How To Do Triceps Side Push-Ups
- Lie down on one side by placing one foot on the other.
- Keep your abs engaged and the top arm’s palm flat on the floor. Wrap the other arm around your waist.
- Use the top arm to push your upper body up until it is fully extended.
- Pause for a moment and then lower your body. Inhale as you do so.
- Repeat 2 sets of 10 reps on each side.
5. One-Arm Kickback
If you ever did a one-arm triceps exercise then this is quite similar to that but especially targets your biceps and shoulders. Do it regularly for the best results.
How To Do One-Arm Kickback
- Place 10-pound dumbbells on either side of a bench.
- Keep one knee on the bench and bend.
- Keep your body parallel to the ground, and support it by placing one palm on the bench and the other leg on the ground, with the knee slightly bent.
- Pick up the dumbbell, keep your upper arm close to your body and at a 90-degree angle with the forearm. Point the forearm downward.
- Exhale and extend your forearm backward.
- Pause for a moment, inhale, and bring your forearm back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- How To Lose Belly Fat Fast: 5 Amazing Tips To Follow
- How To Lose Weight In 2 Weeks? 7 Tips You Need To Know
- How To Increase Metabolism: 8 Proven Tips To Make It Faster
6. Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown
This is one of the best exercises to tone the triceps, biceps, and shoulders. Add it to your regular exercise routine to get the best results.
How To Do Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown
- Attach a straight bar on a high pulley in your gym.
- Face the bar and hold it with your palms facing upward, arms and feet shoulder-width apart, and elbows close to your body.
- Pull the straight attachment down to your chest. Keep your upper arms stationary. This is the starting position.
- Inhale and bring the straight attachment down until it is near the point where your hips end.
- Exhale and bring your forearms back up to the starting position.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps.
Triceps Exercise Benefits
Doing triceps workouts regularly not only increases your strength but also keeps weaknesses away. Additionally doing triceps exercises will protect your torso against injury as well as improve flexibility, posture, and joint mobility. It also improves circulation and relieves stress.
The Bottom Line
These tricep exercises for women are extremely helpful for shedding fat from the back of your arms. For best results do these tricep exercises regularly or at least 3-4 times a week and don’t forget to follow your diet.