Summer is here, and if you struggle with allergies, they’re probably out in full force right now. Many people suffer from allergies, so you’re not alone in any way.
While there are many different medications you can take for your symptoms, you may be looking for homeopathic allergy relief options. These options can offer some allergy relief without many of the side effects associated with prescribed or over-the-counter medications. Here’s a brief guide to help you understand some of your homeopathic allergy prevention options.
Why Choose Homeopathic Options
Not everyone looks for homeopathic options, but some people don’t want to worry about getting a prescription to address their allergy needs or deal with the side effects. It’s very common for prescribed medications to provide relief for certain symptoms while simultaneously causing other symptoms or side effects that are unpleasant.
Fortunately, there is a homeopathic flu prevention option that can help reduce cough severity and other symptoms commonly associated with allergies without the harmful side effects.
Whether you have a cough, congestion, or other common symptoms of allergies, these homeopathic options can help you feel better while reducing the duration of your symptoms. Though these products are often marketed for the cold and flu, they can also help with related allergy symptoms.
Foods to Eat and Avoid
Did you know there are foods you can eat that may help minimize your allergy symptoms? Here’s a list of foods to prevent flu and allergy:
- Bee pollen
- Citrus fruits
- Salmon and other fish with omega-3 fatty acids
These foods help to minimize allergy symptoms in different ways. Turmeric is a well-known anti-inflammatory food and may help soothe swollen nasal tissues. Onions contain quercetin, which is a bioflavonoid that acts as a natural antihistamine according to some research. Ginger is a powerful antioxidant that also has anti-inflammatory compounds. It may reduce many of your unpleasant allergy symptoms naturally.
Bee pollen is recommended by some doctors for people with allergies because it can have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal effects on the body. It may also inhibit mast cell activation and help prevent allergic reactions. Citrus fruits contain a lot of vitamin C, which may help shorten the duration of allergies and the common cold.
Salmon and other fatty fish contain high levels of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), which may decrease airway narrowing that commonly occurs in people with allergies. Finally, tomatoes contain vitamin C as well as lycopene, which may inhibit systemic inflammation due to allergies.
- Apple Diet Plan: 7 Day Diet Plan to Lose 10 Pounds in a Week
- 16:8 Diet Plan: 16/8 Intermittent Fasting Complete Guide
- Cholesterol Diet: Best Foods To Keep Your Heart Healthy
Other Homeopathic Allergy Relief Options
Other homeopathic allergy relief options include the following:
- Acupuncture: This may help by supporting adrenal glands so they can mount an effective defense against allergies.
- Hydrotherapy: This type of therapy involves flushing congestion and unwanted substances out of the body. Water treatments may include hot foot baths and cold compresses, depending on the type of allergy.
- Nasal saline wash: Many people find relief from their sinus symptoms by using a nasal saline wash. This can help clear congestion from the nose and wash out allergies that may be hiding there.
- Immunotherapy: This type of therapy involves exposing the affected person to small amounts of their allergens. This is thought to help them build up immunity. The allergens may be administered by doses placed under the tongue or by injections. It’s a slow solution that may take years to begin working noticeably. But some people swear by this practice and eventually find long-term relief from their allergy symptoms.
These are just a few of the homeopathic allergy relief options you can do to try to minimize your allergy symptoms without using prescription medications. Give one or all of them a try this year to discover which option works best for you.