Looking for a way to save videos from Facebook? Don’t worry, this post will show you how to download any video from Facebook and watch it on your device whenever you want, even if you don’t have internet access.
How To Save Your Videos That You Posted on Facebook
If you lost the original file, you can use the media you’ve published on Facebook as a backup. To retrieve a video you posted on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Facebook on your PC.
- Go to your profile page.
- Hover the cursor over More in the header menu.
- Select Videos.
- Now, select Your Videos.
- Hover your mouse over the video you wish to save, then click the pencil icon in the upper-right corner of the image.
- Select Download SD or Download HD.
- The video is displayed in a new window. Choose Download after selecting the three vertical dots in the lower-right corner of the video player.
- The file will be downloaded to your PC.
- How To Create And Share Facebook Reels – Complete Guide
- How To Save Photos And Videos From Instagram
- How to Unfollow Someone on Facebook
How To Save Videos From Facebook That Someone Else Posted
If a video appears in your Facebook timeline after being posted by a friend, family member, or someone else, save it locally as an MP4 file for future use. However, you must first trick Facebook into thinking you are visiting the social networking site on a mobile device, which is an essential workaround.
The steps below work in most major web browsers for a significant number of Facebook videos, including those originally recorded via Facebook Live.
- Go to the video that you want to download.
- Right-click anywhere within the player.
- Select Show video URL.
- Click to highlight the URL, then right-click and select Copy. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C or Command+C.
- Paste the URL in a new tab.
- Replace www with m in the URL. The first part of the URL should now be m.facebook.com rather than www.facebook.com.
- To load the new address, press Enter.
- Right-click anywhere on the video in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari and select Inspect. Select Save in Microsoft Edge to save the video file to your default location.
- Press Play, then select the arrow icon in the upper-left corner of the inspection window.
- To focus on the video, select it.
- Right-click the URL in the Elements window and select Copy link address.
- Copy the URL and paste it into a new, empty browser window, then click Enter.
- The video will play in a smaller window. Choose the three vertical dots in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Select Download to save it.