Counting your calories for your diet? So, if you want you and your family members to stay healthy, then you gotta start taking low-calorie dinners.
But which dishes are low calorie? Here are some healthy meals under 300 calories that will help you and your family members to stay on their diet and reach your goals. These best 10 low-calorie dinners for a family are not only healthy but tasty as well.
So to be successful on a low-calorie diet you need to start eating good quality food and count your calories. Check out these delicious easy dinner meals under 400 calories to keep you full and satisfied!
Best Low Calorie Dinners For Family
1. Lemon Chicken
This one is the easiest to cook. You can make this even if you are not very good at cooking. Also, this one is a nutritious item, and the calorie count is only 336.
- 2 tsp butter
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- First, clean the chicken and dry them with a towel.
- Mix all the ingredients and rub them over the chicken.
- Then cook the chicken for about 6 hours on low heat.
2. Country Chicken with Gravy
With 274 calories, this dish will help you to put a brake on your protruding belly. So, if you are serious about dieting, this one can help as it’s delicious as well.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- First mix all the ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
- Then dip the breast piece in milk in another bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the mixture and cook it for 15 mins.
- Take a pan and melt the butter. Add other ingredients to the broth. Cook it for mins and then serve it with chicken.
3. Roasted Chicken Thighs
This dish is really easy to make and won’t take up much of your time. Further, it only contains about 300 calories.
- 4 tsp sliced thyme
- 2 pounds of red potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 pieces of skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1/2 tsp peppers
- Cut potatoes and mix with ingredients.
- Add some oil to the mixture and coat the thighs with the mixture.
- Cook it for 15 mins.
4. Quinoa-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
The nuggets taste incredibly well, and your family members are certain to like them.
- 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- You have to set the temperature of your oven to 425 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Use cooking spray to coat the chicken with the mixture before putting it in the oven for 15 mins.
5. Shredded Chicken Tortilla Soup
The calorie count of this dish is under 350. Further, you don’t need many things to make this delicious soup.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 corn tortilla
- 8 ounces reserved chicken breast
- 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cups stock from Chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Slice the tortilla into several pieces, before putting it in the oven.
- Put it in the oven at 37 F for ten mins.
- Make sure the canola oil is heated. You’ll need a huge oven for that.
- Mix all the ingredients and cook for 7 mins.
6. Chicken with Harissa
This item doesn’t take much expertise in cooking to make. However, it will be a bit spicy.
- 4 chicken breasts pieces
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A few olives
- 250g tomatoes
- 2 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix the harissa with other elements.
- Put it over the chicken and cook it for 15 mins
- Copenhagen Diet: 13 Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss and Detox
- How Many Calories In Brussels Sprouts? Nutrition & Recipe
- Apple Diet Plan: 7 Day Diet Plan to Lose 10 Pounds
7. Barbecue Meat Loaf
This dish only has 356 calories. So, your family can eat it to your heart’s content without worrying about your family’s health.
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- First, cut up the foils and spray them with cooking spray.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients in it.
- Give the mixture a shape of a loaf. Put it inside the foil.
- Cook it for 8 minutes.
8. Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles
When you need a healthy meal but you want noodles then these stir fry zucchini noodles are the best option to get a healthy and delicious meal for lunch or dinner.
These noodles are packed with lots of vegetables and it takes only 30 minutes to prepare at home. This is a low-carb version that maintains your diet and keeps you healthy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 lb chicken breast cut into small strips
- 1 slim carrot peeled and then julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 green bell pepper julienned
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, add soy sauces, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Stir and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, add garlic and oil and bring the pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic until lightly browned. Add in chicken.
- Cook chicken until almost completely cooked. If the pan becomes too dry, add a little water.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add in carrots and bell peppers.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is completely cooked.
- Add in zucchini noodles and pour sauce over the noodles.
- Stir and toss until everything is evenly coated and cook until zucchini noodles are tender but still crisp (about 2-3 minutes).
- Dish out and serve immediately.
9. Sausage Topped Pizza
This sausage-topped pizza recipe is an amazing and delicious meal that your family will definitely love. This pizza is loaded with pizza sauce, vegetables, sausage, and lots of cheese.
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes(optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Mix ricotta cheese and garlic powder.
- Place crust on a baking sheet and spread with ricotta cheese mixture. Top with sausage, red pepper, and onion. Sprinkle with seasonings, then with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until the edge is lightly browned and the cheese is melted 8-10 minutes. Top with arugula.
10. Vegan Taco Salad
This taco salad is a healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and budget-friendly recipe for meal prep. This salad needs a few simple ingredients and takes only 10 minutes. This meal is under 300 calories.
For Tortilla Strips:
- 6 corn tortillas, sliced into 1/8–1/4” strips
- Spray avocado oil or olive oil
For The Black Bean Salad:
- 1 bag of romaine or mixed greens
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or halved grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly mist a baking sheet with spray oil.
- Add sliced strips of tortillas to the baking sheet and mist the tops of the strips. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tortilla strips for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before adding to the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and avocado. Add tortilla strips.
- Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing (or your favorite dressing) and toss the salad to combine.