Android users benefit from more personalization than iPhone users. If you’re an Android user who recently migrated to iPhone, you’re probably looking for the same customization options you had on your previous Android device. iPhones do not provide their owners as much freedom to customize their devices as Android smartphones do.
While iPhone owners have rarely expressed concerns about this functionality or its absence. However, did you know that iPhones offer a function that allows users to customise their app icons? iPhone users can use this function to choose anything, such as a sticker or an image that they have clicked as an image icon.
So, here’s a step-by-step guide to how you can customize your app icons:
- First of all, find the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. It is pre-installed on your iPhone. If you can’t find it in the first go, you can just look for it in the search bar.
- Once you have opened the app, tap on the ‘plus’ sign in the upper-right corner of the app.
- Type the name of your new shortcut on top and then tap on ‘Add Action’ option.
- Type ‘Open app’ in the search bar and then tap on the ‘Open App’ link.
- Now you will see that the word ‘App’ is appearing faintly next to the word ‘Open’. Tap on the word ‘App’. Now you will see a list of all your apps.
- Pick the app that you want to customize.
- Now tap the blue symbol in the upper right corner. After that, you will be taken back to your shortcut page.
- On the shortcut page tap ‘Add to Home Screen’.
- Here you will see a preview of the icon for the selected app.
- Tap on the icon under ‘Home Screen Name and Icon’.
- Here you will get the choice of either taking a photo, choosing a photo, or choosing a file.
- Pick any one of these options and select the photo you want to use.
- Tap ‘Choose’ in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now you will see your new icon reflecting in the place of the old icon.
- Type the name of the new icon under the ‘Home Screen Name and Icon’ option.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Add’ button in the top right corner.
- Clapping Hands Emoji: What Does It Mean? Clap Emoji Facts
- What Does Upside Down Smiley Mean? Facts Explained
Further, it is possible that you may see two new icons on your home screen, one with the first one with a boring old icon and the second one with your funky new icon. If you face this issue, just press and hold the icon that you don’t want, and then select the “Delete bookmark” option.