Android users get the customization advantage more than iPhone users. if you are an android user who recently switched to iPhone then you must be looking for the customization options like your previous android device.
iPhones don’t give their users the liberty to customize their devices with as much autonomy as Android smartphones do. While iPhone users have hardly ever had qualms about this functionality or the lack of it.
However, did you know that iPhones do have a feature that enables users to customize their app icons. With this feature, iPhone users can select anything, a sticker that they like or an image that they have clicked as an image icon.
So, here’s a step-by-step guide of how you can customize your app icons:
- First of all, find the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. It is pre-installed on your iPhone. If you can’t find it in the first go, you can just look for it in the search bar.
- Once you have opened the app, tap on the ‘plus’ sign in the upper-right corner of the app.
- Type the name of your new shortcut on top and then tap on ‘Add Action’ option.
- Type ‘Open app’ in the search bar and then tap on the ‘Open App’ link.
- Now you will see that the word ‘App’ is appearing faintly next to the word ‘Open’. Tap on the word ‘App’. Now you will see a list of all your apps.
- Pick the app that you want to customize.
- Now tap the blue symbol in the upper right corner. After that, you will be taken back to your shortcut page.
- On the shortcut page tap ‘Add to Home Screen.’
- Here you will see a preview of the icon for the selected app.
- Tap on the icon under ‘Home Screen Name and Icon.’
- Here you will get the choice of either taking a photo, choosing a photo, or choosing a file.
- Pick any one of these options and select the photo you want to use.
- Tap ‘Choose’ in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Now you will see your new icon reflecting in the place of the old icon.
- Type the name of the new icon under the ‘Home Screen Name and Icon’ option.
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Add’ button in the top right corner.
- Clapping Hands Emoji: What Does It Mean? Clap Emoji Facts
- What Does Upside Down Smiley Mean? Facts Explained
Further, it is possible that you may see two new icons on your home screen, one with the first one with the boring old icon and the second one with your funky new icon. If you face this issue, just press and hold the icon that you don’t want, and then select the “Delete bookmark” option.