If you have damaged and unmanageable hair then its time to get the solution. For this, you can go for Cysteine hair treatment that will come to your rescue and will ensure that your hair stays in place and look gorgeous.
From the pros and cons, side effects, cost, precautions and FAQs here are everything you should know about cysteine hair treatment.
What Is Cysteine?
Cysteine is a form of hair protein and works with the already existing proteins in your hair to soften and release all the curls and waves from your hair.
It is a natural absorbent hence easily penetrates deep into the hair shaft to deeply nourish and condition hair in order to improve their overall strength.
It gently smoothes away the unmanageable curls and frizz with ease. Furthermore, it forms a protective shield on your hair to protect it from further damage.
What Is Cysteine Hair Treatment?
Cysteine hair treatment is one of the latest hair straightening and smoothening method. It is slowly gaining popularity as the treatment uses the cysteine complex which is a non-essential amino acid naturally occurring in Keratin to straighten, strengthen, and smoothen hair. It adds shine to dull hair and protects from further damage. Additionally, cysteine hair treatment is known for getting rid of excessive frizz and dryness.
Cysteine Hair Treatment Procedure
This hair treatment is somewhat simple than it looks. Here are steps for cysteine hair treatment.
Before the application hair is washed and blow-dried. This process is done for a clean hair shaft that can do better penetration and provide better results.
Small sections of hair are taken and cysteine complex is applied. It is ensured that all strands are covered with the cysteine complex. After that, this complex is applied only to the hair. Roots are avoided at all costs as the exposure to cysteine can cause your hair to fall.
After application, your hair will be wrapped with a plastic sheet. It is then allowed to stay like this for about 45 minutes.
3. Use of heat
Heat is applied to the hair as it activates the cysteine complex. Thus, after it is allowed to sit, hair are blow-dried and flat ironed to give you a sleek look.
After getting the heat treatment, your hair will be rinsed again with shampoo and conditioner which is specifically for treated hair. Once your hair is dried, you will be able to see the difference in your hair. No waves, no damage, no dullness. Only shiny, soft, smooth, bouncy straight hair.
- How to Exfoliate Your Legs: Amazing Tips by Dermatologist
- Swamp Ass: Effective Ways to Get Rid of Butt Sweat
- 10 Best Herbal Shampoo For Dry Hair – Benefits, Prices
Cysteine Hair Treatment Pros And Cons
There are several cysteine hair treatment pros and cons that one needs to be aware of.
- Cysteine hair treatment is gentle as compared to other hair straightening treatments and it does not give the artificial straight look.
- It doe not use formaldehyde or formaldehyde substitutes, which are commonly found in other procedures.
- It does not change the natural hair structure permanently.
- This hair treatment is safe for pregnant women.
- Cysteine hair treatment gives you soft, smooth, shiny and strong hair with fewer waves and new hair growth won’t come out as curly or wavy.
- It stands on the expensive side and also needs maintenance.
- It provides only a temporary solution and fades away after 4 to 5 months. So, if you are looking for a permanent solution then this treatment is not for you.
Doing Cysteine Hair Treatment At Home
If you are confused about whether this treatment can be done at home or not then the answer is yes. Actually the process is quite simple and also produces the best results.
For the procedure, all you need is these 3 things listed below.
- Cysteine smoothing shampoo
- Cysteine smoothing treatment
- Leave-in conditioner(Cysteine based)
Hair Treatment Procedure
- First, shampoo your hair with a cysteine smoothing shampoo and blow-dry.
- Then apply cysteine smoothing treatment on every strand. Be very careful with this application and to avoid the scalp at all costs. Be wary that any exposure of cysteine complex to your roots can lead to hair fall. Wash off after 30 minutes using cysteine smoothing shampoo and Blow-dry.
- Now, apply a cysteine based leave-in conditioner. Blow-dry again and then straighten your hair.
Note: Avoid hair clips or rubber bands. Do not wash your hair for the next two days.
Cysteine Hair Treatment Precautions And Side Effects
With cysteine hair treatment you have to stick with cysteine complex shampoo, conditioner, and serum. You have to only use them for the next few months without applying any other shampoo or conditioner.
Additionally, you are not supposed to wash, or even tie your hair for the next two to three days after getting this treatment.
Here are some of the additional precautions that you must follow:
- Always use sulphate free shampoo and get shampoo thrice a week.
- Avoid swimming or any other water sports for at least a month.
- Get a hair spa at least once a month.
- Avoid chemical treatments to your hair.
- Avoid the use of henna and frequent washes.
- Restrict yourself and avoid using metallic dyes and oil on your hair.
By following the above precautions you will be able to extend the life of the hair treatment. This will ensure a greater long term treatment life span and believe me the results of cysteine hair treatment will be worth all this effort.
Cysteine hair treatment is completely chemical-free and safer than most of the other hair straightening treatments and hence doesn’t have any immediate side effects.
Although the treatment has no side effects, the use of constant heat on your hair can lead to some long term side effects including hair fall, hair thinning, dandruff, split ends, hair discoloration, and damage to hair’s natural texture to name some.
Cysteine Hair Treatment: FAQs
Q. Is cysteine hair treatment safe?
Yes, Cysteine hair treatment is considered safe as it does not use formaldehyde like Keratin hair treatment.
Q. Does cysteine treatment cause hair fall?
Generally, cysteine hair treatment does not cause hair fall but it should make your hair less frizzy. However, the heat applied during the process if not managed properly can damage the hair leading to hair fall.
Q. How long does cysteine treatment last?
Cysteine hair treatment lasts for 4 to 5 months. However, the longevity of your hair treatment also depends upon the precautions you take and the hair products you use.
The Bottom Line
Whether you have dull, curly or damaged hair, cysteine hair treatment will produce wonders without any doubt. However it needs some extra care of your hair, so before going for the treatment make up your mind, read all the facts and consult with your stylist.