Why you should drink water? Did you know that staying hydrated is crucial for health? Pure drinking water does so much to keep your body hydrated. Around 60 percent of the body is made up of water and it is commonly recommended to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day.
While there are many benefits of drinking water, a common question always arrises depending upon the time of its consumption. So in this article, we will look at the best times to drink water along with its amazing benefits.
Amazing Benefits of Drinking Water:
- It helps in digestion as it digests solid food and absorbs nutrients properly.
- Drinking water will help in flushing out toxin and sodium from your body that can cause bloating.
- Drinking at least 8 cups of water a day will improve your metabolism performance.
- Water is crucial for the kidneys and other bodily functions.
- It helps you to stay hydrated and protects your skin from skin disorders and wrinkling.
Best Times To Drink Water:
- Drink Water When You Wake up as it helps in bowel movement.
- Drinking a glass of water before your meal makes you feel.
- It’s perfect to drink enough water before your exercise.
- Drinking enough water after a workout, it’s best to drink after 10 minutes to gain lost energy.
- Drink more water when you’re sick.
- If you’re feeling tired then drink a glass or two of water.
- It’s better to drink a glass of water if you feel hungry.
Benefits of Drinking Water:
While drinking an adequate amount of water helps in improving body metabolism, there are some other important benefits that will motivate you to drink it at least 8 cups a day.
Dehydration can lead to many digestive problems like constipation, acidic stomach and increases the risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers. So it’s important that you should drink enough water to stay fit.
Water also helps with weight loss, bowel movement and is essential for the kidneys to function. Insufficient water can lead to kidney stones and other problems. If you will not drink enough water then your skin will look more dry and wrinkled. It also helps you with controlling your calories.
When To Avoid Drinking Water:
While there are many benefits of drinking water, there are certain times when you should avoid drinking it or else it will impact your health badly.
- Avoid drinking water during an intense workout as it can have negative side effects and you may suffer from a headache, dizziness, nausea.
- Try to avoid drinking water right before, during or after having a meal as it can cause indigestion.
- If you’ve already had lots of water throughout the day then avoid drinking it further as excessive liquid intake may lead to low sodium levels and many other side effects.
It’s important that you drink enough water during the day, however, it can produce side effects if you consume an excess amount of it.
According to the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, the average recommended daily intake of water from both food and drink is around 3.7 liters for men and around 2.7 liters for women. So it’s better you should keep track of your water intake.