Mi Cloud is a platform provided by Xiaomi Smartphones and it is one of the superb ways to sync your information across multiple devices and to get a cloud backup of your important data. It allows you to access photos, contacts, call logs, messages no matter where you are on this earth.
When you sign up using Mi Cloud, you get 5 GB of free storage. With the newest MI Cloud desktop app, MIUI users can easily manage and organize their photo library. Users can upload and download pictures in their Mi Cloud to their notebooks or PCs.
How To Sync Mi Cloud
If you browse your Mi Cloud albums and photos using the Gallery app, here’s how you can sync your data to the cloud:
- Sign in your Mi Account to your Xiaomi device.
- Turn on Cloud Photos sync in the Mi Cloud settings.
- Open the Gallery app, then go to the Cloud tab to view the photos synced from Mi Cloud.
- Tap Settings to customize the sync settings.
To Create A New Album just
- Open the Gallery app.
- Tap Cloud.
Here’s how to get to the Mi Cloud settings on your Xiaomi device:
Go to Settings app > Mi Account > Mi Cloud > Settings.
An image that you got yourself on a brand new Xiaomi smartphone and took it with you in your daily life. But one day, when you arrived home, you found your phone is lost. Everyone knows the feeling of losing something when the thing is a mobile phone, it becomes much more suffering. MI Cloud will do some help for you.
“Find Device” Settings
Make sure the “Find Device” option is enabled in the Mi Cloud settings on your phone. “Turn on Find Device” is the precondition of finding your Xiaomi phone through MI Cloud.
If you don’t lose your phone, you’d better take precautions before it’s too late. Check it on your phone and activate it right now! If you don’t know how to do this, read the instructions below.
- Find “MI Account” in the “Settings” and sign in to your MI account on your phone. If you don’t have an MI account, please click “Create an account”.
- Then go to login MI Cloud, if it’s the first time you doing this, you will see “MI Cloud needs permissions”, just click “Got it”.
- Finally, you can see “Find Device” at the bottom of the menu, click to activate it.
Locate Your Xiaomi Device
Make sure there is mobile data or Wi-Fi connection on your phone. If your phone is offline, Find Device won’t be able to control the phone remotely until there’s a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. Once the MI Cloud detects your phone online, you can locate, ring, lock and erase your phone remotely.
- Go to the MI Cloud website and sign in to your MI account.
- Select Find Device on the homepage.
- If you ever located your phone before, you should see the phone’s approximate location
- on Google Maps. But, if this is the first time you use “Find Device” function, you will not see the map.
- Click “Locate” below the map and you will get a prompt. Click “Locate device” and it will start locating.
- After a while, you can see the approximate location of your device and the current time on the map. You can also check the history of your device by clicking the “History” on the top-right corner. You can get the exact operation date of your location command.
Ring Device Remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Noise button. You will get a prompt and click Noise again.
- This will make your phone alarm in maximum volume. The volume key won’t be work, only unlock the screen will stop the noise. If you can hear that noise, it means that your phone is just near you.
Wipe Data Remotely
To prevent the data leakage of your personal information, it allows you to wipe the data on your device.
This operation will delete all the data most of the valuable data such as contacts, photos, and emails in your phone as well as the SD card, this will also stop the sync between your phone and MI Cloud thus you will lose the ownership of your phone.