Whether it’s a corporate website, a blog, a magazine or an e-commerce store, WordPress is considered as the most accessible and manageable resource. That’s why within a few years of time, WordPress is very much popular among all.
Often we came across small issues which matters most, those who are using WordPress may face this issue while using external image servers. While WordPress provides options to add media from external links, there are no options available to set an external image file as a Post or Page Featured Image.
This can be achieved programmatically but we suggest to make it through plugins, as it’s bit tricky to do it manually and you may break your site completely while changing WordPress system codes.
While there are many available plugins to choose from, we recommend selecting the plugin which is recently updated with most positive reviews. Here are two best plugins which serve the purpose,
1. Featured Image From URL (By Marcel Jacques Machado)
- Use an external image as the featured image for post, page and WooCommerce product
- the plugin can use the first image as Featured Image
- Featured Images are shown in a new column on the table of posts/pages/products/categories in the admin menu
- if your theme doesn’t show Featured Image on posts/pages/products, it can include the image at the beginning of the content automatically
2. Featured Image by URL (By Knawat Team)
- Set Featured image by URL for all post types including post, page and WooCommerce product
- WooCommerce Product Gallery by URLs.
- Image from URL for WooCommerce Product variation.
- Display Resized Images like “thumbnail”, “medium” or any custom size
- Lightweight & Easy to use
If you are looking for expert help, you’ve come to the right place. Feel free to contact us and send your queries! We are ready to start working with you today.