Reels are short, entertaining videos on Instagram where you can express your creativity and bring your brand to life. People come to Reels to participate in cultural trends, collaborate with the community and discover new ideas.
Instagram Reels was introduced in August 2020. Reels allows you to record and edit short videos for up to 60 seconds in the Instagram Camera. You can add effects and music to your reel or use your own original audio.
However, it needs to be noted that Reels is not currently available to everyone. You need to keep in mind that some accounts may be able to see reels, but will not be able to record them.
You can share reels with your followers on Feed, and, if you have a public account, it makes them available to the wider Instagram community through a new space in Explore.
“Reels in Explore offers anyone the chance to become a creator on Instagram and reach new audiences on a global stage,” Instagram said. However, if you are new to Instagram or are not much aware of how to make Reels, here is how you can do so.
How To Record Instagram Reels
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and click on create new at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed.
- Scroll to Reels at the bottom.
- Tap and hold the record reel to record a clip or tap it to start recording and tap it again to end the clip. You can also tap your camera roll in the bottom left to add a video from your camera roll.
- Tap on previous to watch, trim or delete the previous clip you recorded. Tap Done in the bottom right.
- Tap next (Android) or Preview (iPhone) to add stickers, drawings, and text to your reel or download it to your device. Use the slider at the bottom to edit when you want the text to appear.
- Tap Share to and then tap Cover to change your cover photo and write a caption.
- Tap Stories at the top if you want to share your reel to your story instead of to Explore.
- Tap Next, then tap Share.
You can record one or multiple clips that add up to 60 seconds. The progress bar at the top shows how long you have recorded. If you share your reel to Explore, it can also be seen on the Reels section of your profile.
- 100+ Cool Gamertags – How To Create A Unique Gamer Tag
- How To Remove Ad.doubleclick.net Completely: Step By Step Guide
How To Delete Instagram Reels
You can delete your reel from the Instagram app by following these steps:
- Tap your profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Reels below your profile info.
- Tap the reel you want to delete then tap more options (iPhone) or more options (Android) at the bottom.
- Tap Delete, then tap Delete to confirm.