crosoft Ad.doubleclick.net is a potentially dangerous marketing service that is closely related to the adware program that shows pop-up ads in the user’s browser. Also referred to as Doubleclick.net, this service is used for advertising and is known for redirecting people to suspicious third-party domains against their will.
Most Ad.doubleclick.net ads feature professional design and appealing content which once clicked redirect their victims to irrelevant third-party sites promoting third-party software, software updates, useless products, and so on.
As per most malware researchers, it can affect most browsers which include popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. Furthermore, this malware will shift your homepage, vary your favorite search engine, and flood you with advertisements all the time.
What is Ad.doubleclick.net?
Generally, Ad.doubleclick.net is a browser extension that gets inside the user’s computer without its consent. It comes bundled with additional free applications that impact your system performance and degrade it over time.
Once Ad.doubleclick.net gets inside your system, it starts displaying the advertising content of different content. According to the developers, Ad.doubleclick.net assists the user in finding the best offers on popular sites such as Amazon and others.
However, the fact is that these offers are false, and it is not Ad.doubleclick.net assistant, and potentially unwanted software. Ad.doubleclick.net also can analyze your browsing and collect your personal data.
As per reports, some data gets transferred to third parties without the user’s consent. That’s why it is essential that you should remove Ad.doubleclick.net immediately if you find it on your PC.
How Ad.doubleclick.net gets on your PC?
While most people think Ad.doubleclick.net is a virus but the fact is that this program isn’t a virus and can be classified as potentially unwanted software. This type of malware comes on your computer with additional free programs.
Usually, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Hence, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been compromised by malware.
Mostly these get into pc when the user rushes during the installation of programs. So it’s better to always follow the installation process, read the user agreement and select only the “Advanced” installation type. Don’t go for the installation of suspicious applications and don’t rush to press the “Next” button.
Also, you can always read reviews about an application before installing it on your computer. If Ad.doubleclick.net has already come into PC, then you need to get rid of this program immediately. To do this, use our step-by-step instructions, which are listed below.
- Stream2watch 10 Best Alternatives, Similar Websites and Apps
- Gogoanime Facts and 10 Best Working Alternatives
- How to Change Margins In Google Docs: Step By Step Guide
Step-by-step instruction to remove Ad.doubleclick.net
1. Remove Ad.doubleclick.net from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Ad.doubleclick.net.
- Click Uninstall.
Microsoft Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Ad.doubleclick.net and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Ad.doubleclick.net, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Ad.doubleclick.net and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Mac OS X:
- Click the Go button at the top left of the screen.
- Select Applications.
- Wait until you see the Applications folder and look for Ad.doubleclick.net or any other suspicious programs on it.
- Click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
2. Remove Ad.doubleclick.net from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Ad.doubleclick.net.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Ad.doubleclick.net.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Ad.doubleclick.net.
- Click the More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Now click the Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out, perform alternative steps.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Now click Choose what to clear button under the Clear browsing data option.
- Select all that you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now right-click on the Start button(Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in the Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on it and choose Go to details option. If can’t see Go to details option, click More details, and repeat the previous steps.
- When the Details tab shows up, find every entry with Microsoft Edge name in it.
- Right-click on each of them and select End Task to end these entries.
- Open the Safari web browser and click on Safari in the menu at the top left of the screen.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Extensions and look for Ad.doubleclick.net or other suspicious entries.
- Click on the Uninstall button to get rid of each of them.
- Open the Safari browser and click on Safari in the menu section at the top left of the screen.
- Here, select Reset Safari.
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options.
- All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset.
- Click the Reset button to complete the Ad.doubleclick.net removal process.
- Open Opera
- Now select Customize and Control Opera.
- Go to Extensions.
- Choose Ad.doubleclick.net and press the button “Remove from Opera”.
If you’re not experienced enough, that you can uninstall Ad.doubleclick.net manually, Norton Antivirus grants you the best assurance to delete Ad.doubleclick.net or other malicious programs from your PC.
You can easily keep yourself protected from programs like Ad.doubleclick.net by taking necessary precautions while surfing, downloading, or clicking any link on the internet. To keep yourself safe from such threats always use antivirus and one of the anti-malware programs available on the market which can protect your PC from threats, like Ad.doubleclick.net.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase then this blog may receive a commission. Although we receive a commission for using and linking affiliate products, they are extremely good and all our opinion and suggestions are unbiased.