Most Amazon Prime subscribers organize their wish lists so family and friends can easily select a perfect gift. Some may add their dream items to wish list so that they can purchase them in the future, others keep them organized expecting someone from their friends and family to purchase them.
Accessing someone’s Amazon wish list is a simple task only if they shared it with you. Amazon no longer supports the public search for general wish lists so for personal wish lists, your friend or family member must share their Wish List with you.
How to Find Friend’s Amazon Wish List
To request access to your friend’s wishlist, follow these steps:
- Go to your Account & Lists and select Wish List.
- Select Your Friends. Friends who shared their lists with you show up on this screen.
- To request access to a friend’s list, compose a note or use the one provided, then select Email this message. When your friend agrees to share their list, you’ll see it in this section.
How To Obtain An Amazon Wedding Or Baby Registry
To locate a wedding or baby shower Amazon wishlist and purchase items from it follow these steps:
- Hover over Account & Lists and select Wedding Registry or Baby Registry from the drop-down list.
- Type your friend’s name and select Search. The baby registry shows a similar name search box.
- Select your friend’s profile and view the list. To filter your search, use the search box provided on this page.
- Remember, there can be several people with your friend’s name. Be sure you select the proper person.
How To Purchase An Item From Someone’s Amazon Wish List or Registry
The purpose of these shared lists is to ensure that the gift recipient receives what they need or want while eliminating duplicate gift-giving.
It’s best to shop from the list or the registry and not to use it as an ideas list that you fulfill from your account or through in-store purchasing.
- Choose a gift from the list then select Add to Cart. Confirm your selection in the pop-up window by selecting the Add to Cart button again, then select Proceed to Checkout.
- Use the checkout feature like you usually follow. If your friend associated a shipping address with the list or registry, select the address on the checkout page under Other addresses. Ship to this address only if you intend to have the gift delivered by Amazon.
- Select Gifting Options to add a message to the gift and remove price details from the receipt.
- Confirm your payment information and select Place your order.
- Your order will be processed and shipped. You’ll receive delivery updates about the package to your email, just as you would if you purchased an item for yourself. Your friend won’t know about the package until it arrives.
Note: Some people use one generic list for their wishes. The owner of the list is free to purchase from their list. In those situations, Amazon will suggest that someone might have purchased the item and if the person requests to know, Amazon will reveal that the item was purchased.