Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin: Oily skin produces an excess of sebum that causes the skin to appear shiny and feel greasy. If you have oily skin, you may be more likely to have enlarged pores, develop acne blemishes, and be more prone to acne breakouts. That’s why it’s not easy to take care of oily skin.
Further, finding a suitable product that can match the requirements of this skin type is also tricky. However, with homemade scrubs for oily skin, you can clean your skin and prevent further aggravation of any skin issue.
These homemade scrubs for oily skin are designed to remove the dead cells and excess oil from the skin that contribute to the formation of pimples and acne. Additionally, they do not contain any harmful chemicals and are not that expensive.
Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin
1. Coffee Face Scrub For Oily Skin
Coffee is an excellent exfoliator and is one of the most popular beauty ingredients due to its benefits. Besides, it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it can help combat acne. This makes it a great ingredient for those with acne-prone skin.
The caffeine will also wake up your skin and make it glow naturally. This is because it increases the circulation of blood under the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of finely ground coffee beans with 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt.
- Apply this mixture to your face and gently scrub your face for a minute or two.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and then rinse.
2. Oatmeal Scrub For Oily Skin
Oatmeal is soothing and cleansing for the skin as it contains anti-inflammatory compounds and saponins. Oatmeal can soak up the excess oil on your skin and help treat acne.
Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help to treat dry skin and remove dead skin cells. Saponins present in oats are natural cleansers. They remove the dirt and oil that clog the pores and exfoliate the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon oatmeal, one tablespoon yogurt and one tablespoon honey together and apply on the face and neck areas.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wet your fingers and start scrubbing in a circular motion.
- Scrub for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
3. Cucumber Scrub For Oily Skin
Cucumber removes excess oil from the skin as it is a mild astringent. Further, they tauten and tighten pores, help regulate oil production, as well as reduce the appearance of pore size.
Oily skin is prone to having large pores and the main reason why cucumber works so well for oily skin is because cucumber juice has natural astringent properties, which help to shrink the pores, and reduce oil secretion. With regular use of cucumber scrub for oily skin, you will notice your skin getting clear and oil-free.
- Take 1/2 cucumber and either grate it or mash it.
- Apply on the face and massage in upward circular motions for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
4. Green Tea Scrub For Oily Skin
Green tea is especially rich in epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a polyphenol that research has shown can improve acne and oily skin. According to research, the polyphenols in green tea, when applied to the skin, help reduce sebum secretion, which can lead to acne.
These compounds are potent antioxidants that will remove the oxidative stress damaging your skin. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties in green tea may make it an effective treatment for acne and oily skin.
- Soak two green tea bags in hot water until the water cools down by itself.
- Once cooled, remove the tea bags.
- Take about two tablespoons of green tea decoction and add the sugar and lemon juice to it.
- Apply this on your face using your fingers or a cotton pad.
- Scrub for 4-5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then with cool water.
5. Honey Scrub For Oily Skin
Honey is one of nature’s most revered skin remedies. The healing properties of honey have been used to treat a variety of skin ailments. When it comes to oily skin, the antioxidants in honey heal the damaged skin cells and also protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Honey is also a natural humectant, so it helps keep the skin moist but not oily. This is because humectants draw moisture from the skin without replacing it. This particular effect will reduce the excess oil from your skin.
- Take one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of ground almonds and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together and scrub your face with it for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- How To Remove Facial Hair: Effective Methods That Work
- 8 Best Cream Contour Kits With Review (2023)
- Best Goth Makeup Products To Buy In 2023 (With Reviews)
6. Orange Peel Scrub For Oily Skin
Orange peel has antibacterial and anti-microbial properties, which makes it great for treating acne and oily skin. The compounds present in orange peels not only bring the oil under control but also brighten your complexion and even out your skin tone.
Orange peel can also do wonders for marks on the face and pigmentation. If you are suffering from oily or acne-prone skin, then using orange peel is ideal for you. Further, regular use of orange peel powder can help remove tan and give your skin a youthful radiance.
- Firstly, mix one tablespoon of orange peel powder and a pinch of turmeric thoroughly.
- Then add one tablespoon of honey to bind the powders together.
- Scrub with this paste for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, rinse your face with water.
7. Papaya Scrub For Oily Skin
Papaya in a face mask or scrub is absolutely best for those with oily skin types. Further, the enzymes papain and chymopapain in papaya can decrease inflammation.
The protein-dissolving papain can be found in many exfoliating products as this help reduce acne by removing dead skin cells that can clog pores. Papain can also remove damaged keratin that can build up on the skin and form small bumps.
- Puree the papaya and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply it to the face and neck.
- Massage in circular motions for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse with water.