Instagram is an American photo and video-sharing social networking service created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger. In April 2012, Facebook acquired the service for approximately US $1 billion in cash and stock.
The app allows users to upload media that can be edited with filters and organized by hashtags and geographical tagging. Posts can be shared publicly or with pre-approved followers. Users can browse other users’ content by tags and locations and view trending content. Users can like photos and follow other users to add their content to a personal feed.
- Originally launched for iOS in October 2010, Instagram rapidly gained popularity, with one million registered users in two months, 10 million in a year, and 1 billion as of June 2018.
- The Android version was released in April 2012, followed by a feature-limited desktop interface in November 2012, a Fire OS app in June 2014, and an app for Windows 10 in October 2016.
- As of October 2015, over 40 billion photos had been uploaded. Although praised for its influence, Instagram has been the subject of criticism, most notably for policy and interface changes, allegations of censorship, and illegal or improper content uploaded by users.
- As of January 2021, the most followed person is Portuguese professional footballer Cristiano Ronaldo with over 275 million followers.
- The most followed woman is American singer Ariana Grande.
How To Save Photos And Videos From Instagram
Instagram did start out as a photo-sharing app, however, it is one of the most popular apps for photos and videos. Instagram, however, doesn’t give you the option to download photos and videos to your device. You can save them to your profile but there’s no option that lets you download them on your phone. There are ways to do it though.
Let’s start with saving photos and videos to your Instagram profile. This is similar to pinning posts on Pinterest. Instagram lets you save photos and videos so you can open them later whenever you want. In case you didn’t know about this feature, here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Instagram app, and go to any post you wish to save.
- Look for an icon on the bottom right corner of the post.
- Tap on the icon and the photo or video will be saved to your collection.
- You can check all your saved posts by tapping on the hamburger icon and selecting ‘Saved’.
- If this isn’t enough and you want to save photos and videos to your device, then you’ll have to follow these steps.
How To Save Photos From Instagram
- Open Instagram on the web and open the photo you wish to save.
- Tap on the three-dot button and select ‘Go to post’.
- Then right-click on the photo and select ‘View page source’.
- Ctrl + F to search for jpg, copy the link and paste it on a new window.
- You can now save the picture to your device.
- An easier way would be to simply screenshot the photo and crop it out.
- Amazon App Store vs Google Play in 2021: Which Is Better?
- 7 Best Gaming Mouse With Reviews In 2021(Wired & Wireless)
How To Save Videos From Instagram
Saving videos to your device also requires the same steps as saving photos but with a few changes.
You can follow the first three steps, and on the fourth you Ctrl + F to search mp4 and click on the link. Then you open the link on a new window, right-click, and save the video to your device.