If you have plans to travel and you prefer watching something to kill the time then what is better than watching Netflix. However, to stream its shows and movies you need a constant internet connection which is not possible during the travel.
In moments like those, it is best to keep things downloaded beforehand so as you can watch without any interruptions. For watching content, you can download shows/movies on Netflix.
Netflix allows you to download certain shows and movies, not all of them. Also, you can only download movies/shows on your smartphone or your tablet via the Netflix app. This download option does not work for smart TVs, gaming consoles, or your computer.
How To Download Movies/TV Shows On Netflix
- Go to the Netflix app and find the movie or show you want to download. Not all shows/movies have the option so you will have to check if what you want to watch has it or not before going ahead.
- If the show/movie can be downloaded, go to the details page.
- Tap on the download button. Once you do that, the downward-pointing arrow icon will change into a timer to indicate that the download process is on. The speed of the download depends on your current internet connection, of course.
- Once it’s downloaded, you will see the icon change to one that looks like a mobile device.
- Movies on Netflix can be downloaded at one go, but for shows, you have to download every episode individually. There is no option to download an entire season (yeah, we wish there was!).
All Netflix content cannot be downloaded thanks to licensing issues. For titles you cannot download, you will have to watch them online. Also, your downloaded content is not going to be on your device forever, it is there for a limited time. You will need to ensure you watch this stuff soon before Netflix removes them.
- What Does TFTI Mean? Definition and Usage Examples
- What Does WCW Mean? Why And When Do People Use It?
If that happens, you can just download them again following the same process. All your download content will be available under the Downloads tab on the app and you can access this without the internet.