WCW Meaning: Have you ever came across a #wcw hashtag on twitter or any other social platform and wonder what does it really mean? Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok are always crowded with hashtags and WCW is one of the most popular ones.
WCW meaning may be confusing to many, however, it’s an acronym that means “Women Crush Wednesday” especially on Snapchat and Twitter. The hashtag WCW is used by women and men both to show their appreciation for a female friend, partner or celebrity.
Woman Crush Wednesday has actually been around from a couple of years. Mostly used in Twitter and Snapchat WCW abbreviation is all over social media since 2013. Presently WCW hashtag holds over 61.6 million posts on Instagram, which demonstrates the popularity of the abbreviation.
It’s the most common hashtag that began on Twitter as a way to tag posts about women that people find attractive or admire. After that, this hashtag spread to other popular social networks like Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr. Furthermore, social video sharing app TikTok have posts with the WCW hashtag have over 45.8 million views.
Every Wednesday people all around the world take to their favorite social media apps to pay tribute to their favorite women. Sometimes people want to praise women they think are really hot but more often that not women use it to praise and uplift each other. Celebrities including Miley Cryus and Viola Davis all used WCW hashtag with their posts.
WCW is a branch of another abbreviation MCM which stands for “Man Crush Monday.” WCW meaning varies depending upon the context. There are different meaning to this abbreviation like:
- Woman Crush Wednesday
- World Championship Wrestling
- Wonderful Crush Wednesday
How to Use the WCW Hashtag
This abbreviation goes on trend especially during Wednesdays as the second “W” in the tag stands for Wednesday. To use it simply tag your photo with the relevant hashtag, like #WCW or #WomanCrushWednesday. WCW meaning shows it as uses as a cultural “award” or unofficial honor that anyone can bestow on anyone. Most of the time it includes verbs like “deserves”, “has won my #WCW.”
WCW is used in a variety of ways and for a number of purposes. Some of them are:
- It’s common to find out boyfriends post pictures of their girlfriends on popular social sites and tag them #WCW.
- Some men also share pictures of women they have a crush on and post them with a #wcw hashtag.
- You can also find women sharing their close friend’s photo along with the #wcw hashtag to show their love and respect.
- Some people also use this hashtag to share the pictures of their favorite models, celebrities and other famous women, particularly ones they consider attractive. So the wcw tag has also a way of using in case of beauty and sexy photographs.
- In some cases, people tag their inspirational women using this hashtag to let the world know how they look at them.
View this post on Instagram
🔥❄️Women Crush Wednesday❄️🔥 ⠀⠀ Emilia Clarke ❤️ ⠀⠀ We’re pretty excited about the GOT premier so were counting down with our WCW post’s & giving you our fav character quotes! ⠀⠀ “The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands” – Daenerys Targaryen ⠀⠀ #WCW #WomanCrushWednesday #GameofThrones #GOT #FireandIce
Best Place To Find WCW Posts
This tag is insanely popular on popular social websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. However, Twitter users use this hashtag more than others, it may be because Twitter only allows 280 characters per post.
Unlike Twitter, this tag used as #WomenCrushWednesday on other platforms like Facebook and Tumblr where length doesn’t matter as much. Some people also mistakenly use this as #WomanCrushWednesday, so don’t forget to look this tag too while looking for #wcw.
- What Does INB4 Mean? Commonly Used Acronym Explained
- What Does YH Mean? #yh hashtag explained
- Clapping Hands Emoji: What Does It Mean? Clap Emoji Facts
While anyone can use this hashtag, it is particularly popular among those who post pictures of their girlfriends over social platforms. Some people also use WCW on the pictures of women whom they are unabashedly in love with, often including pictures of celebrities.
Apart from that friends can also share pictures of their female friends and use the WCW hashtag to show them some respect and admiration online. Using WCW hashtags can help other users find your post, leading to likes, comments, and followers.