ExplainersQuornelius Radford: Fort Stewart Shooter ID’d, DUI Details Out

Quornelius Radford: Fort Stewart Shooter ID’d, DUI Details Out

Quornelius Radford has been identified as the shooting suspect who injured at least five soldiers at Fort Stewart in Georgia on Wednesday.

According to officials, the shooting took place near the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team complex just before 11:00 AM local time. The shooter was arrested at 11:35 AM, and a lockdown that followed the incident lasted approximately an hour before being lifted.

Photo of Suspect Surfaces; Social Media Uncovers DUI Arrest

Shortly after the shooting, several social media users shared a photo of the alleged shooter and highlighted his prior DUI arrest. While the Army continues to investigate, officials have not confirmed the circulated image or full details related to his past.

“The alleged shooter has prior ties to Florida,” NBC News quoted officials, as saying.

Radford Previously Arrested for DUI in Georgia

According to an arrest report, Radford was taken into custody on May 18, 2025, in Liberty County, Georgia. The booking report listed the following charges:

- Advertisement -
  • OBEY TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE
  • DUI – DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL

Radford Reported to Be 28-Year-Old Army Sergeant

CNN’s John Miller reported that the suspect is an Army sergeant, aged 28. The motive behind the shooting has not yet been revealed.

Officials stated that Radford did not use a military-issued firearm in the shooting. However, it remains unclear how he obtained a handgun while on base.

Injured Soldiers Transported to Two Georgia Hospitals

The injured soldiers were first treated on-site and later moved to Winn Army Community Hospital, according to a statement from Fort Stewart officials. Officials confirmed that “there’s no threat to the community.”

Some victims were also transported to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, the region’s top trauma center, spokesperson Bryna Gordon said.

President and FBI Briefed; Investigation Ongoing

White House and Defense Department officials stated that President Donald Trump and Secretary Pete Hegseth have been briefed on the situation.

The FBI is also involved in the investigation, confirmed by Deputy Director Dan Bongino.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Responds

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp expressed condolences in a statement posted to X:

“We are keeping the victims, their families, and all those who answer the call to serve in our hearts and prayers, and we ask that Georgians everywhere do the same.”

Hot this week

Must-Follow Tips For Long Distance Relationship To Work

In this social media age, it may seem that...

Trump Says He’s Alive, Refutes Death Rumors

US President Trump dismissed online rumors claiming he had...

Putin Admits Ukrainian Drones Are Getting Through — and Vows to Fix Russia’s Air Defences

Speaking at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum on...

Concealers Buying Guide: 7 Best Concealers In 2025

Concealers are a makeup must-have, providing a quick and...

Nicki Minaj’s Political Shift Towards Trump Sparks Debate

Nearly a decade after taking aim at Donald Trump...

Topics

mRNA Cancer Vaccine Shows Promise Against Deadly Skin Cancer in Major Trial

A personalized mRNA cancer vaccine, developed by Moderna and...

US National Debt Tops $40 Trillion, Doubling in Under a Decade

The United States national debt surpassed $40 trillion for...

Related Articles

Popular Categories