With one of the leading video streaming platforms, youtube experiences a lot of creator signups every day. However, most of them get confused with the smallest option and search for how to change the youtube profile picture.
A profile picture is usually the first thing other YouTubers experience about your account and channel, so it’s crucial that you set an eye-catching and efficient one. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you how to change your profile picture along with steps to change it on desktop as well as on smartphones.
How To Change Youtube Profile Picture?
Changing Your YouTube Profile Picture Using A Browser
Many don’t aware of the fact that the youtube profile picture is associated with the user’s Google+ profile. So if you wish to change or upload a new profile picture then you can do that simply by visiting your Google+ profile page.
Here is how you can change it:
Changing YouTube Profile Picture Through Pc
- Visit youtube.com in your computer’s browser.
- Click your YouTube profile picture located at the top-right corner of your computer screen.
- Click on My Channel and then click on your profile picture.
- Now click on edit and pick the image you’d like to use as your profile or you can even upload your desired photo from your computer.
Now you have successfully changed it which is also your Google+ picture. Remember that this will replace your old Google+ picture(if you have any). Changes you made willn’t effect immediately and it may take several hours before you observe the changes across all google accounts like your picture in Gmail, Google Hangout and more.
Note: Sometimes the profile picture doesn’t change immediately and makes us think that there may be some issues with the process. However, it’s not the issue for most of the users and the simple solution to remove this issue is by clearing your browser’s cache.
Changing YouTube Profile Picture Using a Smartphone or Tablet
If you wish to change your Youtube profile picture using your smartphone or tablet then you can do this in two ways. Either by using your mobile browser or using Youtube App. If you wish to change it by mobile browser then you can simply do it with the same steps as mentioned for the desktop browser.
To change your Youtube profile picture using the Youtube app follow these steps,
- Open the YouTube app.
- Sign in to your YouTube account and tap your profile picture located in the top-right corner of the page.
- Tap on My Channel and select the Settings cogwheel icon.
- Now tap your profile picture.
- Select between Take a photo or Choose from your photos. You can take a photo or pick one saved to your device and then upload and use it.
Now you will get a toast notification at the bottom of the screen, which says, “Profile Picture Updated Successfully.”
- SOZ Meaning – What Does The Abbreviation ‘SOZ’ Stand For?
- Alexa Having Trouble Understanding Right Now – Solved
- Mi Cloud – Facts, Tips & Everything You Need To Know
Changing YouTube Profile Picture Using Google+
Another easiest way to change your Youtube profile picture is by visiting your Google+ account and editing your profile picture over there. Follow these steps to get it done,
- Visit Google+ URL plus.google.com.
- Click on Profile from the menu located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now click on Edit Profile.
- Click your profile picture to change it.
- Select one from previously uploaded pictures or click on upload photo to select a picture located on your pc.
Now verify the changes you have made. This will not only change your Google+ picture but also change your Youtube profile picture.