Silk Sheets: For most people bedroom is not restricted to sleep, it’s the place where they recharge their body, watch their favorite shows, and forget about a particularly rough day at work. Thus it needs to be a lot more than just simple.
Silk sheets have always been a luxurious choice for bedding, which most people fall in love with. Furthermore, silk sheets always impress with their hypoallergenic properties, ability to prevent bedhead, and kindness to their skin, along with their beauty and comfort.
The best silk sheets can make your room unbelievably more luxurious and sophisticated. However, the sad part is that it’s a big investment hence it’s always wise to do little research beforehand.
Benefits of Silk Sheets
One of the major advantages of silk sheets is that they are made of silk which is an all-natural material made by the larvae of silkworms. Because of that, silk has proteins and amino acids that are great for your hair and skin. Furthermore, this can help to evenly distribute your body’s natural oils leaving your skin soft and moisturized.
It’s also hypoallergenic, which means people with eczema, asthma, or allergies often find it much easier to sleep. Lastly, Silk sheets are breathable and cool which makes your body temperature rises at night and this can help you stay fresh and comfortable.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the silk sheets:
Pros of Silk Sheets
- Silk sheets offer a lustrous, almost incandescent sheen that is unmatched by synthetic silk or other natural fibers.
- It takes well to dyes, including both light and dark shades, and holds color without fading when taken care of properly.
- Silk sheets are made from natural fibers which are hypoallergenic and resistant to ambient allergens like dust, fungus, and mold.
- These are amazingly soft against the skin, reducing skin irritation and moisture loss. Apart from that silk sheets helps prevent bedhead and protect hairstyles due to hair not catching on the smooth fabric.
- These are temperature-regulating, with good breathability and the ability to wick moisture from the skin. Silk sheets stay cool in the summer while insulating well in the colder weather which makes it one of the all-season fabrics.
Cons of Silk Sheets
- Silk sheets are very much on the costly side. In order to make one pound of silk fiber 3000 cocoons must be carefully unwound.
- Despite lasting for years, the high upfront cost can place silk products out of budget for many people.
- Since silk is produced by domesticated silkworms, it is not considered a vegan product.
- Despite not being as difficult to care for as some people believe, silk still requires more care and attention than other fabrics it must be air-dried for best results and requires silk-safe detergents.
- Silk sheets stain easily, and many common stain removal products are unsuitable for use with silk.
- Fades in the sunlight, and over time light colors may develop yellowing.
- How to Exfoliate Your Legs: Amazing Tips by Dermatologist
- 10 Best Camisoles With Built-In Bras To Try Right Now
- Best Air Freshener For Bathroom To Buy In 2023
Best Silk Sheets
Before going for the selection of silk sheets there are a few things you need to know first.
Mulberry Silk Sheets: It is the highest quality of silk available as it’s produced by worms that are only fed mulberry leaves.
Charmeuse: It is a particular weaving tactic that creates a shiny finish on one side and a dull finish on the other.
Momme: It refers to the weight of the silk in 100 yards, and ranges from six to 30. For bedding, 19 momme is considered the best combination of strength, quality, and affordability.
1. ZIMASILK 100% Mulberry Silk Bed Sheet Set
Made from 100% Mulberry Silk, the price tag may seem steep for this amazing silk sheet. This is one of the most recommended silk sheets which coves with a flat sheet(91″x102″), a fitted sheet(60″x80″+16″), and two pillowcases(20″x33″+2″).
This silk sheet is made with 19 Momme For Both Side, 600 thread count. 19 Momme is the smoothest and most lustrous-weight silk raw material which makes the sheets super soft and comfortable.
ZIMASILK’s Silk Sheet Set is a natural anti-aging product that is smooth, soft, and breathable. It has high tensile strength, making it strong, durable, and rip-proof. Also, shrinkage-resistant retains shape over time. This sheet is available in twin, queen, and king and comes in a few neutral colors including silver (shown), black, and white.
Reviewers say: “Absolutely love my new silky pillowcases. It feels so nice on my face skin and my hair. I even sleep better. Highly recommend spoiling yourself and investing in your sleep and skin. I’ll buy more as a gift for my girlfriend.” says one buyer.
2. Colorado Home Co – 100% Silk Sheets
These 100% Mulberry silk sheets are suitable for sleeping in all seasons, assisting the body to adjust its temperature year-round – improving your sleep efficiency and overall health.
This soft queen bedding allows your skin and hair to glide across the surface ensuring protection against split ends, and hair breakage, reducing breakouts on acne-prone skin and sensitive skin.
These wrinkle-free sheets naturally host 18 amino acids including Glycine which promotes deeper sleep, enhanced collagen production, and serotonin levels. Alanine; strengthens the immune system. And Serine; metabolizes fats.
Reviewers say: “They are comfortable and help with sensitive skin and keep naturally curly hair in good shape while I’m sleeping, avoid flattening, frizz and tangles.” says one buyer.
3. THXSILK Silk Sheet
Enjoy a great night’s sleep with THXSILK breathable and smooth mulberry silk sheet set! Silk’s natural temperature-regulating properties keep you comfortable in every season.
It wicks away your body moisture in summer and keeps you warm in winter. THXSILK’s mulberry silk is a natural fiber, and its hypoallergenic quality helps to eliminate allergies and asthma, which could be caused by cotton and other synthetic fibers.
Silk’s natural temperature-regulating properties keep you comfortable in every season. It can effectively reduce hot or cold irregularities when sleeping by wicking moisture from the body and adjusting to body temperature.
Deep-pocket fitted sheet with elastic all around can fit mattresses up to 16″. Set of 2 stunning pillow shams with envelop closure in the back and approximately 2 inches (5cm) flange on all 4 sides.
Reviewers say: “It took nearly 3 weeks to get my sheets. I would wait even longer for these silk sheets! Pricey indeed but so nice to crawl into at night. I’ve never felt any bedding close to it. I would highly recommend this product. I’ll buy more.” says one buyer.
4. LilySilk Silk Bed Sheets
Sleep in Lilysilk real silk sheets and feel like hugged by a cloud. This silk bedding sheet sets include: 1x silk flat sheet(81″x96″), 1x silk fitted sheet(54″x75″+16″), 2x queen size oxford silk pillowcases(20″x30″+2″).
Breathable fabric won’t take moisture away from your skin. The high thread count fabric aims to produce a supremely fine surface for sleep that’s ultra smooth against your skin and preventing wrinkles and creating a strong/durable but soft texture.
Oeko-tex 100 is certified To Be Skin Friendly And Dyed With No Color Shading Or Fading; Offer Your Skin Second Protection: silk contains 18 kinds of amino acids that contain nearly the same amino acids as human skin, so silk is also called “Human’s Second Skin”.
Reviewers say: “The sheets look beautiful 😍 but they wrinkle so easily and hold a lot of heat.” says one buyer.
5. ElleSilk Pure Silk Flat Sheet
Since 1999, ElleSilk has been crafting the finest silk bedding collection and enforcing the strictest quality guidelines to reign supreme as the ultimate for a luxurious sleep experience.
Some of the product highlights are,
Classic Collection: The silk sheets are made of 22 Momme Grade 6A long fiber seamless 100% mulberry silk.
Premium Collection: The silk sheets are made of 25-momme Grade 6A mulberry silk. They select the highest grade silk fabric to bring a whole new level of luxury and comfort with ElleSilk’s silk bedding.
ElleSilk is dedicated to using organic, natural, and non-toxic materials. The finished fabric is cut and stitched into bedding and sleepwear by specialists who have years of experience working with silk.
Reviewers say: “These sheets are the real deal. Silky soft and generous fitted sheet for a deep mattress. Love them.” says one buyer.
6. MULBERRY PARK SILKS – King Silk Sheet Set
Pure Mulberry Charmeuse Silk has a luxurious and unforgettable feel. This luxury bedding is made of pure 22 Momme Grade A Mulberry Charmeuse Silk, which equates to a 900 Thread Count. All Mulberry Park Silks products are OEKO-TEX Certified (Standard 100) to be free of chemicals and colored with environmentally-safe dyes.
All Pillowcases are sold separately (one pillowcase per package). Finished with an envelope-style closure with a generous 8″ flap to keep your pillow securely in place.
Reviewers say: “Very beautiful silk sheets. I wish I have gotten them sooner. I had other silk sheets before and these are the best I ever had so soft and silky.” says one buyer.
Silk Sheet Alternatives
No doubt silk is one of the best options to go but it isn’t right for everyone. There may be a number of reasons for which you may want to opt-out of silk sheets. For this, you can opt-in for the sateen-woven cotton. This is one of the best ways of mimicking silk’s beauty and comfort.
Sateen-woven cotton is silky to the touch and kind to both skin and hair. Patterns are easier to produce with cotton than silk, and Brooklinen has taken full advantage of this opportunity with five trendy patterns.
Here is one of the best silk sheet alternatives that you should give a try.
Silk Sheet Care and Maintenance
You can easily prolong your silk sheet sets life by avoiding jagged toes and fingernails, and not eating in bed. Furthermore keeping a regular washing schedule can easily tackle germs and expands the sheet’s life.
- If you got any stains on your silk sheets then always treat stains immediately.
- Before applying any product on your sheets make to try them on a small area to ensure it does not stain or bleed color.
- Always avoid pre-soak silk sheets as they can damage their fibers. If sheets are dirty or stained then pre-treat them using diluted white vinegar or a silk-friendly stain removal product.
- Use only cool to lukewarm water and mild, silk-friendly detergents.
- Never use a dryer in your silk sheets as this will shrink and damage your silk.
- Keep it away from sunlight while hanging it from drying as sunlight can fade the color. Hanging it in a shady area with lots of airflow is always preferable.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase then this blog may receive a commission. Although we receive a commission for using and linking affiliate products, they are extremely good and all our opinion and suggestions are unbiased.