It’s a fact that overexposure to sunlight, environmental pollution, anxiety, inadequate lifestyle, and continued usage of chemical-based cosmetic products can produce dull and dark skin. For most people, sun tan is more common than others. So, in this case, the common question is how to lighten skin?
Most people try their best to overcome dull and dark skin and generally use a number of chemical-based cosmetic products which do more damage than cure. So what’s the best and most effective way to lighten your skin? Is it good to stick with chemical-based products or to apply natural home remedies?
Most of the cosmetics products available in the market are chemical based which are harmful to your skin. That’s why it’s wise to stick with natural home remedies unless you are sure that the cosmetic product is good.
How To Lighten Skin?
Here we have shortlisted the 10 best natural home remedies for lightening skin that you can use to cure dull & tan skin effectively.
Dry skin is a common reason behind the uneven skin tone and honey is the perfect remedy for it. Honey has both moisturizing and bleaching properties, so using it on your skin can effectively eliminate skin dryness. It also has antibacterial properties which can help you in reducing acne scars and age marks.
- To get the best results, apply pure honey to the face and leave it for a couple of minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This will not only help you with removing dead skin but also make the skin brighter and fresh than before. do it regularly.
- Alternatively, you can make a paste by mixing one tablespoon of honey and lemon juice with one tablespoon of milk and half a tablespoon of almond oil. Apply the paste gently to your face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water to get a brighter face.
Tumeric is something that has huge implications in skincare products because of its antiseptic and antioxidant properties. It not only improves your skin tone but also helps to get rid of pimples. Using turmeric regularly can help you maintain a healthy and better skin tone.
- Make a thick paste using turmeric and milk cream. Apply it to the areas where you want to get the results and let it dry for a few minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water to get the best results. As per some surveys, using turmeric on the face produces visible results in 1o to 15 days.
Yogurt is one of those superfoods that maintain good body and skin. It contains lactic acid which has bleaching properties. This can help in improving your skin tone.
- Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin and leave it for a few minutes. Then wash it off with cold water. Apply it regularly and after several weeks you can notice significant changes in your skin complexion.
- Mix one spoon of yogurt with a half spoon of honey and apply it to the face and neck. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off. Do it regularly to improve your skin tone and complexion.
Like Yogurt Lemon has natural bleaching properties which help in regaining natural skin color. It is also rich in vitamin c which encourages the new cell to grow. Lemon has also antioxidants that will make your skin healthy and younger.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice with one teaspoon of turmeric powder and apply it to your face. You can notice the significant result on your skin within 15 days by doing it regularly.
- Apply some fresh lemon juice on your skin using cotton balls and leave the area for at least one hour and then wash it off with water. This simple home remedy will lighten your skin and help you maintain healthy skin for a longer period of time. For best results do it once a day regularly.
Note: While using lemon on the skin be sure that there are no open wounds on your skin. The acidic nature of lemon juice can make the pain in the wound. Lemon juice is also not suitable for sensitive skin, so if you have sensitive skin then avoid applying lemon and also avoid it if you are allergic to lemon.
Papaya is generally used for several beauty treatments and it is also used for lightening skin complexion. Papaya has bleaching properties and various nutrients which will make your skin glow and healthy.
- Mash a ripe papaya and mix it with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture all over your face and neck. Leave it for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
Cucumber has collagen which ensures your skin is firm as well as supple. Supple and firm skin often has an even and light skin tone. Cucumber also has a cooling effect on your skin and is suitable for all skin types.
- Place cucumber slices directly on the dark skin areas which need lightening treatment. Leave them on for a couple of minutes, remove them and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
- You can also mix one teaspoon of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply it on your face, leaving it on until it dries. Wash it off with water for best results.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera can ease hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone. Apart from that, the cooling effect of aloe vera helps regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissue. Using aloe vera gel can lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin complexion.
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Apply the gel thoroughly to your skin and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with water. Do this at least twice daily for best results.
Vitamin C is the key ingredient in most skincare products. It affects the overall structure of the skin along with suppleness. Oranges are rich in vitamin c and have bleaching properties too. Studies found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can lighten your skin tone.
- Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture to the desired area and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- How To Reduce Face Fat: Facts, Exercise & Home Remedies
- Top 10 Most Amazing Tips For Smooth Digestion
- How To Get Rid Of A Hickey Fast With Home Remedies
Oatmeal helps in getting rid of old skin cells. It increases the process of regenerating new skin cells and as result, the skin becomes soft and supple.
- Mix oatmeal with tomato juice and apply this mixture to the desired area of your body. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, then wash off it with cold water. While rinsing rub it gently so that oatmeal can scrub off the dead skin cells. For best results do it regularly.
- Mix one teaspoon oatmeal with a pinch of turmeric and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Make a thick mixture and apply it on your face and neck. Let it dry and wash off the mask with cold water. Do it regularly for best results.
Gram flour is one of the best ingredients for people who wish to lighten their skin. It contains several nutrients that help keep your skin healthy. Using the remedy below every other day will help remove excess oil from your skin while retaining your skin’s natural moisture.
- Mix some gram flour with a little rose water to make a thick paste. You can also use normal water in place of rose water.
- Apply it to your body and leave it on until the paste dries. Then wash it off with water.