Dark Mode is an option that helps you quickly turn the screen to dark. YouTube explains it, “Dark theme allows you to tone down your screen’s glare and experience YouTube with a dark background.” Dark mode or dark theme is also known to help in reducing power consumption on smartphones.
On YouTube, dark mode is available for the desktop app, Android devices, iPhone, and iPad. YouTube’s dark mode feature works similar to other apps. You have the option to switch between dark and light theme anytime you want from the YouTube app.
Another option is to sync device themes that will change YouTube’s theme according to your phone’s settings. So if your phone is on dark mode then the YouTube app will also appear in dark mode.
If you’re a frequent YouTube user, and you’re not aware of the dark theme then here’s a step-by-step guide that shows you how to turn on dark mode on YouTube.
How To Turn On Dark Mode On YouTube Android App
To turn on dark mode on the youtube android app, follow these steps:
- If you are using a device with Android 10 or newer then click on your profile picture.
- Tap Settings, and select General.
- Now, select Appearance and choose the dark theme.
- If your device below Android 10 then you will get light mode and dark mode option in place of device theme or dark theme.
How To Turn On Dark Mode On YouTube Desktop
To turn on dark mode on the youtube desktop, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube(“https://www.youtube.com/”) on the desktop.
- Then click on your profile picture.
- Select Appearance from the list of options available.
- Then choose the dark theme.
- 10 Best Camera Apps For Android That You Should Try In 2021
- SOZ Meaning – What Does The Abbreviation ‘SOZ’ Stand For?
How To Turn On Dark Mode On YouTube iOS App
To turn on dark mode on the youtube iOS app, follow these steps:
- If you are using Apple device with iOS 13 or newer, you can head to the YouTube app and select the profile picture.
- Tap on Settings, Appearance, and choose device theme or dark theme.
- Apple users below iOS 13 follow the same steps and then choose light or dark theme from the YouTube app.