How to transfer files between an iPhone and Mac? Sharing data from your smartphone to your PC is a routine and straightforward process. Whatever you use your phone or computer for, there will come a time when you need to transfer photos or files from your iPhone to your MAC.
There are numerous methods for transferring files between iPhone and MAC. Being in the Apple ecosystem, i.e. using various Apple devices that function flawlessly together, makes file transfers much easier. In any case, let’s see how to transfer files between an iPhone and Mac.
How To Transfer Files Between An iPhone And Mac
1. Transfer Files From iPhone To Mac Through iTunes
Most people still use iTunes to transfer data from an iPhone to a computer. However, while using iTunes, you can only transfer data from apps on your iOS device that supports file sharing to your Mac, limiting the types of files that can be sent.
Follow these instructions to use iTunes to transfer files between your iPhone and Mac:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes.
- Choose the type of file you want to transfer, such as music or photos.
- Select the files you want to transfer.
- click the Sync button.
2. Transfer Files From iPhone To Mac with iCloud
iCloud Drive organizes your files into their own folders, which is one of the service’s many good aspects. Using your Apple ID, you will be able to access data stored on both desktop computers and iPhones.
Keep in mind that this method requires a stable WiFi connection. Additionally, ensure that your iPhone and Mac are running the most latest versions of their respective operating systems. You can achieve the same thing if you follow these steps.
- Check that both devices are signed into iCloud using the same Apple ID.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Ensure that the relevant apps, such as Photos or Pages, are enabled for iCloud syncing.
- On the Mac, open System Preferences > iCloud.
- Ensure that the same apps are enabled for iCloud syncing.
- Navigate to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- The files you want to transfer should now be accessible through the relevant apps on both devices.
3. Transfer Files From iPhone To Mac Through Third-Party Apps
There are a number of third-party apps available for transferring files between an iPhone and Mac. These apps, which are accessible on the App Store, provide a variety of functions such as file transfer, backup, and syncing.
Here are some popular apps for transferring files between your iPhone and Mac:
This Apple technology is also a great option for transferring or copying files from iPhone to Mac. Your iPhone must be awake because AirDrop works best when it is active. This can be used to easily transfer files from one device to another or from one Mac to another.
- Activate AirDrop on your iOS device from the control center.
- On your Mac go to Finder > Menu Bar > Go > Airdrop > Allow me to be discovered by > select Contacts Only or Everyone.
Then Using Airdrop, you can transfer files from iPhone to Mac or exchange files from Mac to iPhone. Finder will locate your iPhone. When you send files from your iPhone, an alert will appear on your Mac requesting you to approve the files. If you used the same Apple ID as your iPhone, the files will be instantly downloaded to your Mac.
- Android File Transfer Not Working On Mac: Here Is How To Fix
- How To Reset iPhone To Factory Settings
- How To Transfer Contacts From Android To iPhone
Dropbox is another option for transferring data between iPhone and Mac. It supports a variety of file types, including images, movies, Excel files, Word documents, text files, zip files, and others. You’ll need a reliable Internet connection to complete the task.
- If you don’t already have a Dropbox account, go to the website and create one.
- Sign in using your Dropbox account.
- Navigate the App Store and download Dropbox.
- Open the app on your iPhone and log in with your credentials.
- Tap the “Create” icon and select “Create or Upload file”.
- Select the files you want to upload and tap Next.
- Choose which you want to save them to and tap “Upload”.
- Wait for the download to finish before going to Dropbox on your Mac. Your downloaded files will be visible here.
Transferring files between an iPhone and Mac might be difficult, but there are various methods that can help. You may smoothly move files between the two devices by using iCloud, iTunes, or third-party programs. Select the method that works best for you and begin transferring files right away!