WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps. It allows its users to share images, videos, voice notes, contacts, locations, and documents with their friends and family.
However, the Meta-owned app compresses the images to reduce its size and for this reason, most users go for alternate methods for transferring high-quality images.
In an effort to fix this issue, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a Facebook post that WhatsApp has now made it possible to share HD images through their chats.
How to send HD images on chats in WhatsApp
By default, all pictures uploaded on WhatsApp are sent in standard quality. To reduce file size, the app compresses the image. However, if you want to send the image as an HD image, you must manually tap on the HD icon.
Follow the steps below to send HD images on WhatsApp chat,
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and select any chat thread.
- Click on the attachment icon (indicated with a paperclip on Android and a ‘+’ for iOS) from the options placed at the bottom.
- Select the image that you wish to share.
- In the next step, you will see an HD icon at the top, placed beside other options like rotate or crop.
- Click on the HD button for high-quality pictures.
- Hit send.
Note: For the receiver, the HD icon will be indicated at the bottom left of the image.