One of the biggest problems of using an Apple iPhone is that you have to give up everything Google. When you are switching from Android to iOS, everything moves from your Google account to your Apple account.
Further, your WhatsApp chats are backed up on your Apple account (which leads to a loss of data) and so are all your contacts. However, there is a simple way in which you can save your iPhone contacts in your Google account.
The guide here is really simple. You need to use your Google account, which you can access using your Gmail ID, as your default account on your iPhone. In case you are wondering, you can change it!
Once you have changed this setting, you will be able to save all your iPhone contacts on your Google account, which would then be accessible on your other Android devices (if any) as well.
How to save your iPhone contacts on your Google account:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now go to the Contacts option.
- Now tap on the Accounts option.
- Look for the Gmail option and click on it.
- Toggle the Contacts button.
Once you tap on the toggle button, your iPhone will automatically start saving all your contacts in your Google account.
- SOZ Meaning – What Does The Abbreviation ‘SOZ’ Stand For?
- 192.1.1 Facts: A Complete Overview of the IP Address
How to Save your iPhone contacts in Google Drive
Alternatively, you can also save your iPhone contacts directly on Google drive. All you need to do is download the Google Drive app on your iPhone. Once, you have done this, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top left side of the app.
- Tap on the Settings button.
- Now tap on the Backup option.
- Ensure that the Contacts option is set to Back up to Google Contacts.
- Tap on the Start Backup option.
- Tap on the OK button and you are good to go!
Once you do this, Google will start backing up your contacts on Google Drive. It might take some time depending on the data that you are backing up and the list of your contacts.