Looking to clean a burnt pan? If you want to get rid of all the burnt marks on a pan then salt is probably the best and easiest option. However, there are a lot of other household items that can be used to clean a burnt pan without any difficulty.
Clean A Burnt Pan With Cola
If you’ve got a spare can of Coke or two lying around or maybe the dregs of a bottle that’s gone flat then why not use that to clean your burnt pan. Here are the steps on how to clean a burnt pan with cola:
- Fill one inch of your pan with the coke
- Leave to soak for a few hours
- Use a scraper to remove any fat/burnt food/residue
Clean A Burnt Pan With A Dryer Sheet
Dryer sheets can do more than just add a pleasing scent and softness to your laundry. They’re also just the thing to freshen up your burnt pan.
- Start by adding a few drops of washing-up liquid to the pan
- Cover with a few inches of hot water
- Place a dryer sheet over the water then press down so it is completely submerged
- Leave to soak for about an hour
- Wash the pan thoroughly after scrubbing away any remaining burnt bits
Clean A Burnt Pan With Vinegar And Baking Soda
Vinegar and baking soda have great cleaning power. You’ll be amazed at the shine you can achieve using vinegar and baking soda. You may even be able to see your own reflection if you do it properly.
- Fill your pan with water until the bottom is just covered
- Pour one cup of vinegar
- Bring this solution to a boil and remove it from the heat
- Add 2 tbsp of baking soda and leave to work into the mixture for a few minutes until it starts to fizz
- Wash the pan and use a scourer to scrub away any remaining burnt bits
Clean A Burnt Pan With Liquid Soap And Boiling Water
You can clean the pan with liquid soap and boiling water too.
- For this, you just need to add several drops of liquid soap into the pan filled with boiling water.
- Boil for 10 minutes, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool completely before scrubbing with the abrasive side of a sponge.
- For burnt pans, add lemon before boiling to lift stains off steel and enamel.
- With cast iron or copper pans, do not use lemon as this could corrode the pan.
- Rinse and spray cooking oil on the surface of your pan to fill in the pores and create a smooth, non-stick surface.
- How To Season A Nonstick Pan Quickly And Effectively
- 7 Best Cookware For Electric Stove In 2022 (Buying Guide)
- Best Blue Diamond Cookware With Reviews In 2022
Clean A Burnt Pan With Cream Of Tartar
If you do not want to use baking soda to clean your burnt pan, you can choose the cream of tartar as an abrasive substitute.
- At first, take a tablespoon of cream of tartar.
- Mix it up in a cup of water and then boil it in your burnt pan.
- Now, let the water cool down.
- Finally, scrub the pan to get it clean.
With these steps you will have your pans sparkling in no time, ready for your next cooking venture.