Blogger vs WordPress, selection one is a bit confusing? Most of the new bloggers face this issue while selecting one as their blogging platform. So if you are planning about blogging then questions like
- Which one to choose Blogger or WordPress?
- Which one of these two blogging platforms is better?
- Between Blogger vs WordPress which one is secure?
are pretty common. While there are many blog posts regarding this topic but most of them miss one point i.e; “which platform suits your need?”.
These days there are many alternative platforms present like,
which are some way better than these two platforms. So selecting one may be a headache, but don’t worry, I will explain the topic as simple as possible to make it easy for you to decide.
While there so many options available, most people prefer Blogger and WordPress because of their widespread options, portability, control, and simplicity.
Blogger or WordPress: Which blogging platform to choose?
If you ask me then there is a huge difference between WordPress and Blogger. To Simplify those differences, I explained Blogger and WordPress Separately along with their pros and cons for your better understanding.
Blogger formerly known as BlogSpot is a very useful platform if you are only planning to share your thoughts through your blog. It is a free publishing platform owned by Google. With Blogger you will get a free BlogSpot domain but if you want you can also add your own custom domain.
Blogger is a Free platform to start if you don’t have coding or any web Development skills. If you are not blogging for money and searching for a simple platform to start a blog with at almost zero cost then BlogSpot is really the right thing which you should look for.
While there are many limitations of BlogSpot in terms of functionalities and SEO benefit, there are some merits too.
- It is a totally FREE resource to create your own website or blog as blogger does not charge any subscription fees, registration fees, hosting fees. If you want you can also add your own domain name to your blogger account and enjoy the free hosting. Along with all free services, its biggest advantage is reliable and 99.999% up-time.
- Blogger is super easy and can be managed easily by anyone having basic technical knowledge. It comes with HTML editor, using which you can edit your website theme easily.
- You can easily customize your website design and it also supports Adsense, so you can easily manage your ad placing.
- Blogger supports content posting by email, so it makes easier to publish blog posts without visiting website dashboard.
- As all hosting provider services are managed by Google, there is no need to worry about memory and bandwidth.
- Blogger has also no storage restriction, so you can upload larger files to your website without any hassle.
- Generally, in most of the Blogger sites Google search index, indexes in 24 hrs which is a big advantage as with faster index develop more traffic to your website.
- As Google’s product, it easily integrates with Google’s other services like Google+, Google Places, Google Webmaster, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Merchant, FeedBurner, Picasa Web, Picasa Creative Kit etc. with the same Gmail id.
- With blogger, you are free to add CDN Network to load all your files on a cloud server. This is an amazing feature that Blogger provides for free of cost. Using CDN Network will not only boosts your website speed but also provides different other valuable features depending upon your CDN provider.
- All your data in Blogger is hosted on Google’s servers, so you do not have full control of your Blogspot blog. It also provides a limited number of free layouts for your website.
- You have to follow their policy or else Blogger can delete your complete website at any moment. And if your website attracts huge traffic or constant server loads then they may delete your complete website at any moment with giving you prior notice.
- With blogger, you can’t create a custom domain email id Eg., firstname.lastname@example.org. To use this feature you have to buy email addresses from third party companies.
- You can’t create an e-commerce website with the help of blogger.com. Although blogger has widgets feature, it nowhere near to WordPress plugins.
- Another major disadvantage of the blogger is that it has limited support compared to WordPress. You will get a limited amount of documents online and community support is also very poor in comparison to WordPress.
WordPress is the largest platform un the world popular because of its open source management system. After its lunch in 2005, it attracted many users and now nearly 28% of the website around the world are using this platform.
WordPress has a huge open support community which makes it the largest network. It gives you complete control over your website and you can literally do anything with it. But you have to be technically sound to manage it as it requires technical knowledge to host, design and maintain the security of your website.
At the same time presence of a huge amount of plugins makes it easier to achieve any goal. As WordPress will let you do everything you want to do, you will have complete control over your SEO, Design, Security, and Performance. If you want to build your own blog on WordPress then with amazing support from the community you can learn to do it in no time.
- With WordPress, there are hundreds of free themes available in the market or you can purchase themes which provide support to design and make changes to your website.
- WordPress gives you complete control on your website and you can also take the help of millions of plugins to do anything you want. With help of plugins, you can share your blog post on every social media network as soon as you publish it.
- With so many valuable SEO plugins present in WordPress, you can fully customize your website SEO to boost your website ranking.
- If you are planning for an e-commerce website then with WordPress you can achieve it easily. With woo commerce plugin, you can sell your products and can implement billing features on your website.
- You can easily access your all website files on FTP manager and Ftp software gives you control to transfer your files from any computer very easily.
- You will find thousands of WordPress forums over the internet and you can easily find any technical solution on these internet forums.
- The major disadvantage of using WordPress is that it’s not Completely free. You can use WordPress free hosting which provides limited functions. If you want full advantage of it then you need to pay to buy a custom domain name of your website and hosting provider.
- If your website is receiving monthly traffic of more than 25000 then you need to buy higher hosting plans to load your website faster.
- To make your website look professional you have to buy a premium theme which is too costly. So if you are on a tight budget then its a big problem for you.
- Indexing your post or page can take some days on WordPress because of It all dependent on plugins. If you want to index your site faster then you have to manually submit your website URL into Google Webmaster Tools.
- You need to regularly track your website content to check any error on any page and have to update your theme and plugins from time to time.
Now its time for consultation with WordPress vs Blogger, Blogger or BlogSpot is a platform for you if you want a blog just to share your thoughts with zero cost.
On the other hand, if you have plans to give your website a professional look along with premium functionalities then WordPress is the right platform for you. It gives you complete control over your blog, and you can technically do whatever you want but at the same time, you have to manage your blog. You have to install WordPress on your server and maintain the blog.